Gail Kilby Celebrant

Posted on May 15, 2018

About Gail
Gail is a Commonwealth Registered Marriage Celebrant, authorised to perfom
marriages across Australia. She is also a Justice of the Peace.

Gail’s friendly, professional and flexible attitude and experience in public speaking is ideally suited to performing life celebrations of all kinds.

She is an Elected Member for the Wine Coast Ward in the City of Onkaparinga and enjoyed a stint as Deputy Mayor. She has a great love of animals and is a member of the Dog and Cat Management Board of South Australia.

Previously Gail has been an IT Manager and Trainer and worked for 6 years in the Wine Industry.

Gail is a very active community member and is involved in a number of local groups and associations and loves her life in the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia where she feels she has the best of all worlds being close to Adelaide City, Beautiful Onkaparinga Beaches and the best Wine Region in the world.

There is a lot to consider when planning your wedding day. To be legally married in Australia, a man and woman must:

not be married to someone else
not be marrying a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother or sister
be at least eighteen years old, unless a court has approved a marriage where one party is aged
between sixteen and eighteen years old
understand what marriage means and freely consent to becoming husband and wife
use specific words during the ceremony
give written notice of their intention to marry to their authorised celebrant

The celebrant you choose will help you understand these requirements.

You don’t have to be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia to legally marry here. You can find marriage visa information on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website, if you hope to live in Australia after your marriage.

Getting married in Australia
Notice of Intended Marriage – A completed Notice of Intended Marriage form must be given to your celebrant at least one month before the wedding. You can give it to your celebrant up to eighteen months beforehand.

Your celebrant can help you complete the form. The notice may be completed and witnessed outside Australia if required.
You will need to give your celebrant evidence of date and place of birth, identity and the end of any previous marriages for each party.
Your celebrant may also ask you to complete a statutory declaration to support your evidence.

After you are married – on the day of your wedding, you will sign three marriage certificates. Each certificate should be signed by you, your celebrant and two witnesses. Your celebrant will give you one of the certificates as a record of your marriage.

Your celebrant must register your marriage with the registry of births, deaths and marriages in the state or territory it took place within fourteen days.

The certificate issued by the registry of births, deaths and marriages is required for many official purposes. You should apply for a copy of this certificate from the registry after your wedding.

Tel: 0466 587 031 Email:

Write a Review

Click to rate

Is this your business?

Claim listing is the best way to manage and protect your business

Claim it now!

Claim This Listing

Claim your listing in order to manage the listing page. You will get access to the listing dashboard, where you can upload photos, change the listing content and much more.